Put LinkedIn to work for your business
February 1, 2021
If you think of LinkedIn as just a job-search site, you’re not alone. After all, it was the job listing component of the platform that turned into a highly lucrative source of revenue for the social media giant. However, it’s so much more than that.
Today, social media has become an indispensable part of business, and not just for job searching. Thanks to the development of cloud technology and the growing migration to remote work, social media is one of the most important ways to get your brand—business or personal—and your message out into the world.
LinkedIn is still a hot spot for job seekers, but even if you’re not looking for a career change, it’s a platform you should take advantage of to enhance your professional presence. Here are five reasons why:
- LinkedIn is a professional platform. You won’t distract from your message—or be distracted—with photos of frolicking puppies or impassioned live-tweets of the hottest new binge-watch. LinkedIn is all business, all the time.
- LinkedIn can help position you as an authority. Share your expertise and insights with regular posts and articles. Showcase samples of your work. Announce professional achievements. You’re an expert; be proud of that status and let everyone know it!
- LinkedIn reported 690 million users worldwide in 2020. While you probably won’t connect with all of them, the potential for connections you can tap is virtually limitless. Plus, LinkedIn’s users love to share useful content, extending the reach of your information.
- LinkedIn keeps you up to date on industry news and trends. Follow and connect with people, groups and companies in your industry and profession, and you’ll have a daily news feed perfectly tailored to your topics of interest.
- LinkedIn helps build social proof. The ability to recommend or endorse connections is built into the platform. We are a ratings-obsessed society, and those recommendations can play a major role when someone wants to do business with you.
If knowledge is power, connections are the circuits that spark that power. LinkedIn members are not only enthusiastic content-sharers—they love to connect and grow their networks with fellow professionals from all over the world. Whether you’re looking to boost your business or your personal brand, LinkedIn can help extend your reach.